Re: NetworkManager D-Bus API Reference: Device.Wireless: The "Bitrate" property should be "BitRate"

On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 04:40:23PM -0400, Joseph Conley via networkmanager-list wrote:
Hello,

I wanted to point out a small error in the NetworkManager D-Bus API Reference.
Under org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.Wireless, The "Bitrate"
property should be "BitRate". I have verified this using python. The
documentation is incorrect with 1.12.2, as well as 1.13.

The file that this needs correcting is
/introspection/org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.Wireless.xml

Hi,

the correct name of the property is 'Bitrate' as documented in the API
reference. It was accidentally changed to 'BitRate' during the 1.12
release cycle after a code rework.

This means that releases 1.12.0 and 1.12.2 export the property with
the wrong name. This is fixed now on master:

 https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/commit/c882633d48ad70d5c92ce0566a0f46dcbb5c51b3

The fix was also backported to the nm-1-12 branch:

 https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/commit/3a2c6f81f6b0a8dd38d45aa89fa7d6d1f897f149

and will be available in the next minor release of the stable version,
that is 1.12.4 (and of course it also be available in the next major
release 1.14).

Thanks for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience!

Beniamino