Re: Network manager and libreswan setup

On Fri, 2018-07-13 at 12:44 +0000, Jose Guilherme Vanz wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm trying to configure a VPN connection in network manager using the
libreswan plugin. I would like to know if there is a documentation or
a tutorial of how to configure the connection. I found bunch of
samples in the Internet but it always show how to configure without
network manager. How can I integrate with network manager ? Do I
still need to have the config file for ipsec or I can set up
everything inside VPN configuration section ?

Hi,

a simple way, is to use the GUI.

- you can use "nm-connection-editor" or (Gnome3's) "gnome-control-
center". For that, ensure you installed the gtk part of the
NetworkManager-libreswan plugin. Then, edit the profile in the GUI.

- use KDE's plasma-nm. It brings its own GUI plug to edit libreswan
profiles.

- theoretically, you can edit the profile with nmcli. But that is
inconvenient, because it's non-obvious which keys to set. There is no
good documentation, but have a look at the source [1].

If you use the GUI, it should be simple enough, because few options are
supported.

best,
Thomas

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/NetworkManager-libreswan/blob/master/src/nm-libreswan-service.c#L249