Re: Problem I've been having with dhclient dhcp in Fedora27

Hi,

On Fri, 2018-01-12 at 11:35 -0500, dpreed deepplum com

For some reason *dhclient* sometimes seems to die either prior to or
during my desktop's "sleep/wake" cycle when it's not in use. Not
always, just sometimes. It's clear it's dhclient, because the
dhclient process is gone, but NetworkManager doesn't feel it needs to
restart that process, when it brings up the connection after the
wake.

Any thoughts on why this might happen or what to look for would be
helpful.
If I figure things out, I''l let someone know (here if it's NM
related -- it affects NM, in any case, but seems likely to be a
dhclient problem).

NM should be notified when dhclient process terminates, and it should
take appropriate actions (either failing the connection, or retrying).

Can you again post a complete logfile to see why that is not happening?

best,
Thomas