Re: disable auto-connect

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 10:19 AM, Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, 2017-12-29 at 23:27 +0100, Belisko Marek wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use networkmanager with some embedded project and I
would like to avoid autoconnect to wifi after device bootup when
system-connection is set previously. I tried to look for config files
but seems I cannot find such options. It is even possible to do that
with current implementation? Thanks for any pointers.

BR,

marek

Hi,

It's unclear what you mean with "when system-connection is set
previously".

Autoconnect always means to connect to an existing connection profile
(that is, a profile that was created by the user in the first place).
Thanks for reply. It seems that your suggestion is working fine and
when set autoconnect to false then I need to manually start connection
so it is exactly what I need.
One more question maybe. When I set some configuration for e.g. wifi
network it is possible to overwrite existing connection configuration?
I tried to use same name for connection but it seems that NM always
create new one with UUID at the end.
It is possible somehow to delete previous configuration (stored in
/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/? I basically always want to
use only one even user will setup connection to 2 different wifi
networks. I'm using libnm for my program. Thanks.

The profile has a property "connection.autoconnect". Set that property
to "no".

best,
Thomas

BR,