Re: Caching nameserver on Fedora Workstation?

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 05:44:10PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
So, I have Fedora 27 Workstation, and I'd like to configure it to use a
caching nameserver. From the NetworkManager.conf man page, I'm led to
believe that dns=dnsmasq in [main] should do that. And, that *does*
cause dnsmasq to get started. (And for that matter, dns=unbound starts
unbound.) But, /etc/resolv.conf -- which is a symlink pointing to
/var/run/NetworkManager/resolv.conf -- still has the nameserver
provided by the local network. I *could* set that to be unmanaged and
just edit myself, but I'd like to understand what's not working.

Hi,

can you show the output of:

 cat /etc/resolv.conf
 NetworkManager --print-config

after setting dns=dnsmasq?

Do you see any error messages about dnsmasq in 'journalctl -u
NetworkManager -b'?

Beniamino