Setting MACADDR with nmcli

I hope this is the right list for nmcli.

I want to set MACADDR in ifcfg-eth0

I thought it was:

nmcli con mod eth0 mac "02:67:15:00:81:0B"

but this sets HWADDR, which has a totally different use.  I could then change HWADDR to MACADDR with:

sed -i -e "s/HWADDR/MACADDR/w /dev/stdout" /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

But that is a hack.  It would be nice to be able to directly set MACADDR, but I cannot find any documentation that states how to do this.

thanks