Backing up Connectitons

I have emailed a couple times about backing up connections since I have close to 100 VPNs I would like to restore when I upgrade my OS.  The dconf/gconf methods from the past are no longer valid.

I am willing to put in the work (since it is an obvious pain to do 2x a year when I upgrade) to write (I know python, perl and all shells) scripts to backup/restore connections.  I see there are python bindings, but there are also a lot of unknowns (user or system connections, etc..).

Is this something that would gain traction, or is it always going to be a moving target?  I assume python bindings would not change (much like the kernel ABIs), but I obviously do not know.

In the past I have used dconf, but the connections are no longer stored there, so you see my dilemma.

If this sounds like something the network manager devs are interested in, let me know - otherwise I will figure out how to roll my own.  It is an unusual use case I know, but I work with our clients through VPN connections all day every day, so it would save me quite a bit of time to be able to carry them over from upgrade to upgrade, etc..

If this does not seem like something important, I will just do something local.  TIA!

Thanks

-Greg