Re: Persistent promiscuous mode with NetworkManager?

On Wed, 2017-05-24 at 09:19 +1000, Deamen TANG wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I need to set my physical nic to promisc mode in order to allow LXC
containers behind the bridge interface to communicate with the
outside world.

On the internet, people are suggesting:
  1. ip link set eth0 promisc on
  2. Append the command in /etc/rc.d/rc.local

I am wondering if there is a way to setup up promiscuous mode
persistently with NetworkManager?

I can not find anything in man page on Fedora 25 and can not find any
useful information through google.

Thanks in advance

Deamen Tang

Hi,

no there isn't.

One option would be to use a dispatcher script (see `man
NetworkManager`) or any other mechanism to call `ip link` of
NetworkManager.

Thomas