Re: Searching for documentation how to add an interface to a bridge via DBus API

On Thu, 2017-12-07 at 15:55 +0000, thilo cestonaro ts fujitsu com
wrote:
Hi!

So I found the settings.connection interface and can delete a
existing
ethernet <=> bridge connection.

So adding a connection is probably what I want.

Is it sufficient to create a dict with e.g. "id"=>"eth0" and
"master"=>"br0" to
create a connection of the ethernet device eth0 to the bridge br0?

Or what settings do I need to serve?

Hi,

yes, you need to create a connection profile for each slave.

You also need to activate it (or it might auto-activate when you create
it -- and if you configured that).

check what you created with `nmcli connection show "$CON"`.

Maybe see examples:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkM
anager/tree/examples/python/dbus

best,
Thomas

Cheers,
Thilo

Am Donnerstag, den 07.12.2017, 13:44 +0000 schrieb
thilo cestonaro ts fujitsu com:
Hi all!

I'm trying to add an ethernet device to a bridge via DBus API.

gdbus-codegen generated me three functions for a bridge device:

network_manager_device_bridge_get_slaves
network_manager_device_bridge_dup_slaves
network_manager_device_bridge_set_slaves

get_slaves and dup_slaves working well. But set_slaves don't, as
the slave-
property is readonly.

My question is, how can I add an interface to a bridge via DBus
API. I could
find an hint anywhere or I didn't understand it to an hint :).

Could someone point me please in the right direction?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Thilo