Re: Bridge IP address not set

On 27/04/2017 00:32, Ian Pilcher wrote:
[...]
I'm doing exactly the same thing, except that I'm using "br0" as both
the connection name and the interface name.

$ nmcli connection add type bridge con-name br0 ifname br0 ip4
172.31.0.254/24
Connection 'br0' (0946d439-8868-4e39-9263-15f654488106) successfully added.

$ nmcli device
DEVICE     TYPE      STATE         CONNECTION
enp61s0u1  ethernet  connected     Wired connection 1
wlp1s0     wifi      disconnected  --
br0        bridge    unmanaged     --
lo         loopback  unmanaged     --

$ ip addr show dev br0
7: br0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group
default qlen 1000
    link/ether 0e:01:45:a0:27:7b brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

I tried using 'System br0' as the connection name with no luck.  It
seems like there's something "magic" about the interface name br0 that
prevents it from working.

Hi Ian,
  it seems that you already have a br0 bridge device created outside
NetworkManager.
This would end up having br0 "unmanaged" in the NetworkManager device
list: so when you create a connection for br0, NetworkManager will not
be able to attach it to br0, as it does not manage it.

You can either avoid creating br0 outside NetworkManager or do a:
"nmcli device set br0 managed true" to allow NetworkManager activate the
connection on br0.

Francesco