Beyond MAC randomization (prevent tracking)

Hello again...

Having read the recent paper on Wifi tracking by Jeremy Martin, et al[1], I am concerned this tracking problem based on non-MAC address metadata may be present for laptop systems as well. The issues involve WPS unique identifier fields and request sequence numbers.

There is also an example of one Android vendor who apparently 'did it right'.

So my question is: What can software like Network Manager do beyond MAC address randomization (which appears to be rendered ineffective according to the paper) to improve Wifi NIC anonymity?

I would like to hear the thoughts on this important subject from NM developers...

1. A Study of MAC Address Randomization in Mobile Devices and
When it Fails
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1703.02874v1.pdf

--

Chris Laprise, tasket openmailbox org