Re: OpenVPN and avoiding default route

On 2016-11-29 15:40, Thomas Haller wrote:
On Tue, 2016-11-29 at 15:03 +0100, Anders Blomdell wrote:

First attempt of OpenVPN pull request in the RFE.
NetworkManager should probably be modified to parse "redirect-
gateway/redirect-private"
while importing .ovpn files, pointer to the code that does this
would be appreciated.

I have started to look into the config parsing and settings handling,
is it an intended
behavior that NetworkManager brings up the IPv6/IPv4 that OpenVPN
provides, regardless of
the state of the GUI 'IPv4/IPv6 On/Off' settings?

Hi Anders,

I would expect, that if the connection has IPvX disabled, that NM
doesn't configure any IPvX addresses, regardless of what it received
from the server. If that is different, it sounds like a bug.
It enables everything it gets from the server, I also consider it a bug,
hence the question.

The logic for that is entirely in the server (NMVpnConnection). The
plugin collets the data from the environment and sends it back to the
server. There, NMVpnConnection merges the event data with other
configuration (from NMConnection).
So it's not nm-openvpn-service-openvpn-helper.c that should check On/Off
(as given by method=disabled (IPv4)/method=ignore (IPv6) in
/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/some_vpnconf)?

Not sure I understand your question though...
And I'm not quite clear of the architecture/order of events yet, so please bear with me...

/Anders
--
Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders blomdell control lth se
Department of Automatic Control