Re: nmcli radio off connected to ModemManager power state low

> ​The problem is that if the modem is totally powered off with a CFUN=0,
​> ​
then how do we power it back on? CFUN=4, where the modem is still

​> ​
alive but with radio off is already more than enough in most cases.
> Why do you need the modem to be totally off?

In power low I could expect that the modem goes in some kind of power saving configuration but still connected to the network, it really depends on the modem capabilities, and​ when rfkill is not available, the modem is only set in power low, which may not be the same as radio off.​

​I totally understand the problem though, modems that use CFUN=0 to power off are not​ listening to any command to put them ON again.

I will look better to rfkill, but I still see a possible misunderstanding between power low intended as radio off and power low intended as power saving.​

​Carlo

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es