Re: nm-pppd-plugin does not start

Good point, ppp is not enabled! Option seems to be --enable-ppp. I'll try it. This NDISDUP seemp pretty problematic. In fact I found MM patch whose introduction comment describes pretty much how this modem works (https://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/log/?h=dcbw/huawei-at-dhcp). I'll check if that helps/works with this MM version - then I suppose, I should contact MM mailing list...

This was the problem with ppp connection. PPP connection started working after inserting --enable-ppp option to networkmanager configuration optios (in fact EXTRA_OECONF_append = " --enable-ppp " in my networkmanager_0.9.8.10.bbappend recipe). Somehow NDISDUP does not seem too appealing now. It does not show up as device in nmcli d listing. Nor does it open interface automatically like Huawei 3131/Hilink does. It would require some kind of patching/more debugging. If it then worked like Huawei 3131/HiLink - no need of touching nmcli command at all and no need of writing configuration file - then I would be interested in trying it. Otherwise, I don't see what I get out of it compared to PPP connection.

Hi again!
I was far too curious not trying that Huwei AT^NDISDUP patch. I did not find official patch, but I used commit number 359ec84671f9fc0869443b9f0b9555324a0fff78 to create patch. Patching worked without problems, it compiled fine and really it worked!! Operation from user point of view was identical to ppp operation: to make config file and start connection with nmcli command. Now NM opened wwan0 interface instead of ppp0. So, I can confirm that above commit fixes problem in NDISDUP operation with Huawei 3131 modem that before mode switching shows up as 12d1:14fe and afterwards as 12d1:1506.

Now I need to figure out if I make those udev hacks to force PPP operation or MM patching to fix NDISDUP. Do you have plans to merge this patch to master branch?

Cheers,
Matti