Re: signal for interface up/down

On Fri, 2016-06-24 at 11:56 +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
Hi *,

I'm about to write a script, which should do some actions in a user
context, whenever an interface is getting active or inactive.
I tried to implement this via the NetworkManager dbus interface and
the
signals "DeviceNowActive" and "DeviceNoLongerActive".
As it seems, the documentation mentioning these signals is outdated,
because they don't exist any more. Otherwise I'm doing somtehing
completely wrong.

Can anyone sched some light on this, please?
Do these signals still exist? If so, is there an example on how to
use
them? At least I found them mentioned in one of the nm libraries.
If theses signals indeed don't exist any more, how is the preferred
solution for my problem?

Thx a lot!

Bye.
Michael.

Hi Michael,

I think you should listen for the device's "State". Also, as a device
becomes active, it gets a "ActiveConnection".

"DeviceNowActive" and "DeviceNoLongerActive" seem to be very old. Are
you actually programming against such an old version? Otherwise, it's
better to consult the documentation that matches your version.

Thomas