signal for interface up/down

Hi *,

I'm about to write a script, which should do some actions in a user
context, whenever an interface is getting active or inactive.
I tried to implement this via the NetworkManager dbus interface and the
signals "DeviceNowActive" and "DeviceNoLongerActive".
As it seems, the documentation mentioning these signals is outdated,
because they don't exist any more. Otherwise I'm doing somtehing
completely wrong.

Can anyone sched some light on this, please?
Do these signals still exist? If so, is there an example on how to use
them? At least I found them mentioned in one of the nm libraries.
If theses signals indeed don't exist any more, how is the preferred
solution for my problem?

Thx a lot!

Bye.
Michael.