Re: network manager and 10.42.0.1

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 10:24:57AM +0200, Bhasker C V wrote:
Hi all,

 I am following up this question after asking this with debian-users group.

 I am at a loss to find out how to change 10.42.0.1/24 and 10.42.0.x/24 as
ip and dhcp range which is used by network manager when configuring a
wireless card as an AP. I dont see the setting anywhere and cant find a
valid doc in the internet too

Hi,

The value can be changed using the 'IPv4 address' property, but
unfortunately nm-applet doesn't support it. However you can use nmcli:

 $ nmcli connection modify Hotspot ipv4.address 172.25.16.1/24

as you did, and then re-activate the connection to apply the change:

 $ nmcli connection up Hotspot

Does this work? If not, which NM version are you using?

BTW, the parameter, as all other configuration options, is documented
in the 'nm-settings' man page ('ipv4 setting' section).

Beniamino