network manager and 10.42.0.1

Hi all,

 I am following up this question after asking this with debian-users group.

 I am at a loss to find out how to change 10.42.0.1/24 and 10.42.0.x/24 as ip and dhcp range which is used by network manager when configuring a wireless card as an AP. I dont see the setting anywhere and cant find a valid doc in the internet too
Is this value had-coded in the source-code of NetworkManager ?I tried using nmcli to change the ipv4.address parameter but that does not take effect and ultimately
IPV4.ADDRESS[1] is always set as 10.42.0.1/24
nm-applet also does not show any way to configure the local IP and dhcp range for  a profile to act as hotspot

Is there a way to achieve this ?  Please can someone help

thanks

Bhasker C V