Re: NM can't see WEP access point

On Thu, 2016-06-09 at 10:23 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2016-06-09 at 17:13 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Thu, 2016-06-09 at 10:00 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:

<snip>

So I missed it before.  But your AP isn't actually set for WEP,
it's
set for WPA/TKIP.  If it's actually using just WEP, you won't see
any
of the RSN/WPA IEs in the beacon.
Still isn't right that it's not showing though, is it?

Yeah.  Can you 'nmcli g log', then:

nmcli g log level debug domains <output from 'g log'
domains>,WIFI_SCAN

and then turn on airplane mode, turn it off, and wait for a bit until
you're sure the AP doesn't get found by NM.  Then send me the logs
and
I'll take a look to see if I can figure out why NM doesn't find it.
 If
the supplicant sees it, but NM does not, then there's an NM bug
somewhere.

Well, wpa_supplicant is throwing an error when you try to get the RSN,
so I don't really expect NM to be able to process that access point.