Re: nm-connection-editor forgets WPA password

On Tue, 2016-06-07 at 19:29 +0200, Thomas Haller wrote:
On Tue, 2016-06-07 at 19:10 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
Hey,

I get problems when trying this with both nm-connection-editor and
gnome-control-center, so it's probably a problem in the common
code.

1. Connect to a known wireless network with WPA/WPA2 Personal
authentication
2. Once connected, edit the connection
3. In "Wi-Fi Security" select "Dynamic WEP", then "Tunneled TLS" as
the
authentication, enter bogus values in "anonymous identity",
"username"
and password". Tick the "No CA certificate is required" checkbox.
4. "nmcli connection down <connection id>"
5. "nmcli connection up <connection id>" (you can press Ctrl+C when
you're bored)
6. Re-edit the connection
7. Select WPA/WPA Personal in "Wi-Fi Security", and put in the
actual
Wi-Fi password
8. Run "nmcli connection up <connection id>" again

"
Passwords or encryption keys are required to access the wireless
network 'test'.
Warning: password for '802-11-wireless-security.psk' not given in
'passwd-file' and nmcli cannot ask without '--ask' option.
"

It will then ask for the password in a loop, and never allow
connection.

Ideas? Do you prefer this being filed in bugzilla?

could this be
https://git.gnome.org/browse/network-manager-applet/commit/?id=c21d56
dd22057103c8125a49307b4ff47b5b644d

No, that's already in my tree. It asks for a password repeatedly, even
when it is correct. I think that NetworkManager might think it's a
different kind of connection compared to what nm-connection-editor
thinks.