Re: system sleep -> nm reacts too fast

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 07:16:00PM +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
Hi Beniamino,

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 06:41:00PM +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
I tried
- the systemd sleep scripts (/usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep)
- the NetworkManager dispatcher scripts
  (/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d)

Did you use a 'pre-down' script (see 'man NetworkManager' for the
details)? That should work as NM waits that the script returns before
continuing and bringing down the interface. If you used a script on
the 'down' event, it's called too late when the interface is already
down.

yes, I tried that, too, but when going to sleep, NM doesn't seem to run
the dispatcher scripts at all.

Hi,

we recently modified NM to run dispatcher scripts also on suspend [1]
and I wrongly remembered this change landed in NM 1.2.2 too, but
actually the backport happened after the 1.2.2 release and so it's not
available in the version of NM you have.

Probably you can either wait that we release 1.2.4 and your distro
ships it, or recompile NM from git (master or nm-1-2 branches).

Beniamino

[1]
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/commit/?id=3fdffab9550bf7e55815d7a4453854057de55f0a