Re: Translations in Zanata

On 04.02.2016 16:17, Lubomir Rintel wrote:
Hello poma,

On Thu, 2016-02-04 at 15:54 +0100, poma wrote:
On 04.02.2016 15:24, Lubomir Rintel wrote:
Hi,

the NetworkManager is now translated via Zanata [1]. This means the
translators no longer need to file Bugzilla tickets with
translations.
Details here [2].

The bits that are in GNOME infrastructure (applet and the VPN
plugins)
stay there; only the NetworkManager core was added to Zanata. We're
not
sure if it makes sense to move to Zanata; input from translators
would
be very appreciated.

[1] https://fedora.zanata.org/project/view/NetworkManager
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/NetworkManager/L10N

Thank you,
Lubo

https://fedora.zanata.org
"This service uses Fedora account, so if you do not have a Fedora
account already, please go to Fedora Account System to apply for one.
..."

OpenID?

"OpenID is an open standard and decentralized authentication
protocol."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenID

Hmm, seems like we should perhaps have used translate.zanata.org. That
one supports OpenID.

I'm a bit confused about how do the two instances compare. I'll try to
figure out what's a better choice for the project.

If you aim to evolve even more, see upgrade to "Connect" aka OIDC

OpenID Connect
http://openid.net/connect
"...
OpenID Connect performs many of the same tasks as OpenID 2.0, but does so in a way that is API-friendly, and
usable by native and mobile applications.
..."

OpenID Connect
https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OpenIDConnect

Of course Google is "fullback".

Point is,
whatever you choose technically speaking, take in consideration leave the door open not only for Fedora
Account System aka FAS,
particularly as regards the translations.