Re: How to activate MAC address randomization?

On 08/30/2016 07:49 AM, Thomas Haller wrote:
Hi,

as a follow-up, I tried to explain the new options here:
https://blogs.gnome.org/thaller/2016/08/26/mac-address-spoofing-in-networkmanager-1-4-0/

Otherwise, our documentation should answer all your questions
-- if you don't understand something from our manual pages, we'd like
to improve them.

Thomas

The blog post does explain the 'stable' option pretty well, though the 'Supported Modes' looks a little too terse to explain the new behaviors ('stable' would seem to be a non-random option). At first glance, the expanded options look very useful.

But the new NM is not yet working for me... see new troubleshooting thread.

Chris