Re: Network Manager Fails to control Wi-Fi

On Thu, 2015-09-24 at 14:59 +0530, Ramprasad Vempati wrote:
Thanks Dan. First reason is the cause of the error.  I mean
wpa_supplicant is not present @ /usr/sbin,After I keep wpa_supplicant
with dbus interface enabled, I could see wpa_supplicant started
automatically by Network Manager.

But wpa_supplicant was present in /usr/local/sbin, but it was not
compiled with dbus interface. Thus network-manager was not able to
talk? Or if wpa_supplicant is not present, there is no way
network-manager controlling Wi-Fi Interface?

If you're trying to get NM to ignore wifi interfaces, it would probably
work to build a supplicant without the D-Bus interface, and use that
supplicant for your custom stuff.  Since NM couldn't talk to the
supplicant, it will essentially ignore the WiFi interfaces and keep them
in the "unavailable" state.