Re: Greetings

On Tue, 2015-09-08 at 02:54 -0700, anurag katey wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am Anurag and I am a newbie to the open source world.
Presently I am pursuing masters in Computer Science from University
of Southern California (USC).
I have experience in Kernel programming as well as network protocol
development and I wish to start contributing in bits to this project.
I had been using Gnome from quite a few years so have a pretty good
idea about the working of network-manager as well.
I can see a number of bugs on bugzilla but I am not sure on how to
choose a bug to start.
It would be great if anyone could help me and give me a direction to
work on this project.
Also I couldn't see any unit tests in the source code. Can I just
start with writingunit tests itself ?

Hi Anurag,

Maybe as a start, try building NetworkManager yourself and use it.

Have a look at https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/NetworkManager , and
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/NetworkManager/Developers

We track our issues mostly on
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=NetworkManager , but
this list is a bit overwhelming to start.

If you have any questions, feel welcome to join our IRC channel #nm on
freenode (or of course this mailing list).

We have unit-tests that get run with `make check`.
   git ls-files '**/tests/test-*.c'

Thomas