Re: Implementation of configuration in NetworkManager

On Tue, 2015-09-01 at 10:57 -0700, xguest2587 wrote:
Hi
My VPN provider has sent me a configuration file which contains some
settings. I want to implement these settings in my VPN Connection in
NetworkManager. Kindly help me to identify these settings in
NetworkManager:

dev tun
proto udp
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
client
verb 3
auth-user-pass

This is an openvpn configuration.

You can use it with openvpn program directly, or (as you are on the
NetworkManager mailinglist) use the nm-openvpn plugin.

Make sure you have the plugin installed, it's called something like
NetworkManager-openvpn. Probably your distribution has a second package
like NetworkManager-openvpn-gnome. Install both.

Then you could use nm-connection-editor to import the openvpn config.

Start nm-connection-editor. Then "Add" and "import a saved VPN
connection" and select the settings above (having them in a text
file)...

If importing doesn't work you can also use nm-connection-editor to
create such a configuration by creating a new openvpn typed connection
and configure it appropriately...

Good luck,
Thomas