Re: How to tell NM to ignore some interfaces

On Mon, 2015-11-16 at 15:05 +0000, Jetchko Jekov wrote:
Hello,

I am pretty sure that this question was raised several times already
on this list as I found some references when searching. But somehow
none of proposed settings work for me.

In general, I want to tell NM to ignore all virtual interfaces which
are not explicitly created with it. For example interfaces created by
libvirt, virtual box, docker (that includes bridges, veth pairs,
tun/tap interfaces and so on) . These are not in control of NM and I
am not sure why NM insist on reporting status and/or  controlling
them.
Currently I am trying tell NM to ignore tap interface which is my end
of VPN tunnel without success at all. It insist to run dhclient on
this interface breaking my network setup.

after many iterations my current config (as parsed by NM itself) is:
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG: [main]
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:   plugins=keyfile,ifupdown,ifcfg-
rh,ibft
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:   dns=dnsmasq
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:   no-auto-default=*
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:   ignore-carrier=*
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG: [ifupdown]
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:   managed=false
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG: [logging]
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:   level=DEBUG
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG: [connectivity]
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:   uri=http://fedoraproject.org/static/h
otspot.txt
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:   response=OK
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:   interval=300
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG: [keyfile]
nm_config_data_log(): CONFIG:   unmanaged-devices=interface-
name:~virbr?;interface-name:~vboxnet?;interface-
name:~docker?;interface-name:tap?;interface-name:~tap?;type:tap

keyfile.unmanaged-devices should do it.

You already enabled DEBUG logging, can you post the logfile during
startup to see why NM has the device managed?

Thomas