Re: Building NM-1.0.2 on RaspberryPi

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 12:51:29PM +0200, Thomas Haller wrote:
On Tue, 2015-05-19 at 12:47 +0200, Thomas Haller wrote:
On Tue, 2015-05-19 at 11:35 +0100, John Whitmore wrote:
The short back story is that I'm trying to get a USB 4G Modem working on a
RaspberryPi 2B device. Via much help and direction from the linux networking
mailing list and the modem manager mailing list I find myself here.

The latest version of raspbian for the RPi 2 had such an old version of
ModemManager packaged up it's not supported so I started on a bit of a Linux
From Scratch trip to install later versions of both the ModemManager and
NetworkManager. ModemManager built but NetworkManager is giving me a compile
time error which I think is strange.

dhcp-network.c:79:17: error 'BPF_XOR' undeclared

I'm happy enough that it's an error but I'm confused that it didn't first
complain that it failed to find a header file?

I'm running the latest kernel (3.18.13) which I cross compiled on another
computer so all the linux headers on the RPi 2 are from the older kernel. So I
have to get my linux into a place where NetworkManager build can pick them up,
but like I say above I'm unsure why the header file wasn't first falgged as an
error. Searching through the linux source tree I find that definition in:

include/uapi/linux/bpf_common.h

Because of the lack of header warning I'm wondering if that is the header at
all and wheather there's some other issue with my build? Perhaps I should not
be using the later kernel at all?

ah sorry. You are using the latest headers... :)

are you sure about that?

Use the headers that match your kernel.

Thomas

Aragh of course the linux headers are doing the work not NetworkManagment.

Sorry about that Thomas and thanks for getting back to me. I have to find out
a bit of info. I've cross compiled my own kernel 3.18.13 on my laptop but I've
not copied across the kernel source RPi as I'm not sure where to put it so
that it's picked up by the build process. I suppose /usr/src/linux?

John