Re: Switch off wifi-handling?

Dan, thanks for the quick response!

Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:
NM 0.9.10 and later added the ability to ignore an interface by
interface name.  NM 0.9.10 and later also split WiFi out to a plugin,
which could be removed and then the wifi interface just looks like an
unmanaged generic device.

I hope, that I can upgrade to > 1 some day!

But since you're using a very old version, none of those work for you :(
Could you try removing wpa_supplicant?  Then NM will leave the device in
'unavailable' state and shouldn't touch it after initial NM startup.

I removed wpasupplicant and get wlan0 as "unmanaged", not "unavailable":

$ nmcli dev
DEVICE     TYPE              STATE
eth0       802-3-ethernet    connected
usb0       802-3-ethernet    unavailable
wlan0      802-11-wireless   unmanaged

Is this the expected result?