Re: Switch off wifi-handling?

On Tue, 2015-06-16 at 17:21 +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
Hi,

on an embedded device, I'm using wifi with hostapd exclusively
and do not want any NM interference.

How can I tell NM to ignore any wifi stuff?

Note:

  - the MAC is unknown, because different wifi pens are used
  - this is still NM 0.8.6 :~(

NM 0.9.10 and later added the ability to ignore an interface by
interface name.  NM 0.9.10 and later also split WiFi out to a plugin,
which could be removed and then the wifi interface just looks like an
unmanaged generic device.

But since you're using a very old version, none of those work for you :(
Could you try removing wpa_supplicant?  Then NM will leave the device in
'unavailable' state and shouldn't touch it after initial NM startup.