Re: NetworkManager autoconnect

On 06/04/2015 03:38 AM, poma wrote:
On 04.06.2015 02:37, Tony Espy wrote:
On 06/03/2015 04:24 PM, Pieter Cardoen wrote:
I've tested it with WiFi but I also need to know the behaviour of the
wwan case. WiFi scanning interval was set to 10 seconds. I'll try it
again tomorrow and verify the scan interval in advance.

The WPA_supplicant application has the possibility to set the autoscan
argument to periodic or to exponential. Could it possibly be that the
exponential setting is enabled which causes to the reconnect period to
rise to a large time?

In case of the wwan connection, you spoke about 'a couple minutes'. Is
it possible to adapt this time or to know wat happens more exactly?

I've actually been working with the code (NM_POLICY) that causes this
timer to be set for wwan connections, so if you don't mind, I'll add
what I've learned recently.

I'm currently working with patched version of NM 0.9.10.0 ( see [1] for
details ) as part of Ubuntu 14.10 base images we run on Ubuntu phones.
We have a new set of patches that implement ofono support for
NetworkManager, which to date has only been tested with the rilmodem
ofono drivers used on Ubuntu phones.

How is the AccessPoint (AP) infrastructure mode implemented on Ubuntu phones?

If you're asking how WiFi AccessPoints are configured for Ubuntu phones, it's via a new Qt-based replacement for nm-applet called indicator-network.

Regards,
/tony