Re: Add WPS information parsing in foreach_property_cb

On Fri, 2015-02-06 at 10:47 +0800, Sheng-Jhih Jiang wrote:
hi,

sorry for the late reply.

WPS should be added to NetworkManager (core daemon) first. It's not
really necessary to add anything to nm-applet (client) at that point.

Without the help of nm-applet to test the WPS flow, how can I confirm
the WPS functionality in NM is correct?

you *can* implement support in nm-applet.

But nm-applet merely uses the DBus interface of NetworkManager. So, the
functionality must first be present in the DBus interface of
NetworkManager core service.

For testing and developing, it might be quicker to use DBus utilities
such as d-feet, or write a test-client in python.
-- e.g.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/examples/python/dbus

these are linker errors. Apparently you try to link against an older
version of libnm-util. Make sure, you link to the same version as the
include headers.

Thanks. I will check this.

BTW, could you give me some instructions for problems belows

In my plan, I will try to add the easiest scenario first:
i. press the pbc on AP
ii. NM trigger scan to know the AP is ready for WPS via PBC method

NM/wpa_supplicant already scans repeatedly, but yes, you can trigger a
new scan using the DBus method RequestScan()

iii. NM trigger the wpa_supplicant to start the PBC action
vi. the connection between STA(NM) and AP is constructed

With the WPS patch in the first email, I believe that if the user
trigger a scan in
NM after the pbc of an AP is pressed, NM will know there is an AP ready for WPS.

But in iii), I don't know when the user select an AP to connect on the
nm-applet, where is the corresponding function call
in NM. I am trying to figure out the flow of triggering the
wpa_supplicant to connect to the selected AP from NM.

I guess, you would have to add a DBus method like
"NMDeviceWifi:WpsConnect()"?

all the DBus invocation (server-side) are implemented named "impl_".
Try:
  $ git grep '^impl_'