SOLVED: nmcli under cron

This morning I tried executing the nmcli command under root cron and it worked as desired. This told me what I needed to know, that the user cron did not allow the sudo nmcli command to work or have sufficient privileges.

I made a copy of the nmcli executable in the /usr/local/bin folder and changed the owner and group to match that of the user's crontab permissions, then edited the sudoer's file to add only and specifically that command to NOPASSWD permissions.

nmcli now works as expected under the user's crontab job.

I consider this problem fixed.

A.G.