Re: Unmanaged device still showin in nm-applet UI

On Tue, 2015-12-08 at 10:44 -0600, Robby Workman wrote:
On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 11:36:20 +0100
Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com> wrote:

Does that make sense?

Indeed it does. That's not as intuitive as I'd like, but if that's
the designed behavior, then what I'm experiencing is not a bug.

I'd say the behavior grew historically, and will be improved with 1.2.

For the sake of clarity, both for me and perhaps others, the 1.0.x
behavior
is as follows:

default-unmanaged is set by e.g. udev rules, and essentially tells NM
leave the interface alone at NM startup, i.e. don't try to configure
it
or manipulate any existing configuration. However, if the user
explicitly
requests NM to manipulate the interface, then this is permissible.

user-unmanaged is set in NetworkManager.conf and essentially tells NM
disallow *any* configuration/manipulation of the interface.

Is that correct?

I'd agree with your summary.

Thomas