Re: NM coding style regarding private gobject data

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com> wrote:
It's my personal annoyance with the verboseness of:

  NM_TYPE_NAME_GET_PRIVATE (self)->my_field
  nm_type_name_get_instance_private (self)->my_field

  vs.

  self->priv->my_field

Bonus point: it's easier in gdb/debugger.

I personally also prefer to waste a pointer per object and have
self->priv, truth be told, even if the new get_instance_private ()
macros are pointer arithmetic only.

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es