Re: vpn connection locked on off

On Sun, 2014-08-31 at 16:37 +0800, merkedanke vmail me wrote:
hi,
I installed a network-manager plugin on Debian 7 to access at my vpn and
succeeded it ; like i did yet before on ubuntu 14.04 ; following the
advices of my vpn provider.
With ubuntu it works like a charm but not on debian where VPN
Connections (on the task bar) is locked " off ".
i understand that these are not in the same version of software and
gnome depending of the operating system but it does not explain the
reason why it is blocked with debian ...

Is it a bug from network-manager (gnome) or from debian (openvpn) ?

Can you tell us what versions of NetworkManager and gnome-shell you
have?  Also, could you take a screenshot of what you mean by "locked
off"?  Thanks!