Re: NM attempts connecting to nonexistent AP

On Wed, 2014-09-10 at 22:53 -0500, Robby Workman wrote:

Hmm, odd.  You could turn on debugging and enable the "wifi_scan" log
domain to see what's going on at resume time.  NM should be throwing
away the scan list on resume and requesting a new scan from
wpa_supplicant, and all that should be reflected in the debug logs when
the wifi_scan domain is enabled.

Dan

This is a new problem as of 0.9.10, best I can tell - at least, I never observed this problem in any
previous versions of NM.  Other things have changed along the way too, so I cannot say with certainty that
NM is the culprit.

I don't connect to my phone's wifi tether often, but the only time I've ever experienced this problem is
when connecting to it, and even then, only when the previous AP connected (at time of sleep) was my home
AP.  Here's the fun part: my home AP's SSID is "RWnMW" and my phone's SSID is "rw" - I'm wondering if
there's any chance that there's a comparison error somewhere wrt "RW" vs. "rw"

I'm not opposed to doing some more testing of this, but it's a bit difficult to do without either
inconveniencing other home users (disconnecting RWnMW temporarily) or leaving my house to connect to my
phone -- typically I'm at work when I do that, and being at work means I can't really devote time to
testing non-work-related stuff.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this to perhaps offer more data points, or am I on my own with
this?  :-)

-RW