Bug in Network-Manager with virtual interfaces / new plugin

Hi there,
Michael asked to forward this to the list, so here it is...

The patch 0005-Mark-virtual-ethernet-interfaces-as-unmanaged.patch
(debian Jessie) messes up with my virtual interfaces (vmware
vmnet1/vmnet8).
Even if I set them manually unmanaged (from /etc/network/interfaces or
using keyfile plugin), they finally appear connected and make me lose my
internet connection if my ethernet link is down and I'm using WIFI.
I'm not sure exactly what's going on with the internals of
Network-Manager in this case but setting the default unmanaged flag on
the interfaces seems to have some negative side effects.
However, I think the idea of not managing the virtual interfaces is OK,
in particular for not expert users.
You'll find enclosed a small plugin that detects those virtual
interfaces and adds them to the unmanaged list. This is based on the
keyfile plugin.
Please feel free to use it (or not).
(0005-Mark-virtual-ethernet-interfaces-as-unmanaged.patch has to be
reverted for this plugin to work)

Thanks for your work anyway.

Nicolas