Re: Mobile broadband on an embedded 3G modem

On 17/10/14 18:47, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
Also, if the tty is from a physical serial port (i.e. no USB), you'll
likely need to tag the port in udev with the
ID_MM_PLATFORM_DRIVER_PROBE flag as well. ModemManager doesn't
automatically probe physical serial ports.

Ahh, that's probably the bit I'm missing.  I did mention it was wired to
a UART not USB and I wouldn't expect ModemManager to just probe any
random serial port (and good thing it doesn't: one is RS-485 connected
to Modbus).

I was looking around for a configuration file that would tell
NetworkManager/ModemManager about the device: I guess the udev
configuration would be a good place to start then. :-)

Regards,
--
Stuart Longland
Systems Engineer