Re: Mobile broadband on an embedded 3G modem

Hi all,

We're trying to get a 3G modem connection going on an embedded device.
The modem is a MultiTech SocketModem MTSMC-H5-IP and it appears on
/dev/ttyAPP3 (i.e. hardware UART port on the SoC).

If I run `screen /dev/ttyAPP3 115200`, I can interact with the modem, it
all works.  The challenge, is getting NetworkManager 0.9.10.0 to talk to
this modem.

When I run `nmtui`, no option for adding the mobile broadband connection
appears, I suspect because NetworkManager doesn't know the 3G dongle
exists.  How do I tell it where to look?

Is ModemManager running on the device? It should discover it automatically.

--
Marius