Re: VPN & Certificate issues

Digging through this, it turns out that:
 Networkmanager unconditionally appends --key-persist

if Key-persist had been disabled, the openvpn client would have reloaded
the key+cert from disk after a failed connection, and then would
reconnect succesfully.

As it is, it seems I have to either restart NetworkManager or send a HUP
to openvpn, forcibly resetting the connections and causing an interruption.

could it be possible to disable key-persist, or make it an option?

Keys persisting is good when your network drops and you have password
protected / hardware protected keys.  When you have software that's
miles away that drops connection and are unreachable because the VPN
doesn't reload the fresh keys from disk, it becomes a bit more annoying.

Right now I'm pondering how to get the machines to power cycle, as that
would get the keys loaded properly.

I have to get this sorted quickly if I'm not to get locked out of all my
machines, so any suggestion on how to work around this in the short term
would be good.

//D.S.