Re: ANN: NetworkManager 0.9.9.98 (0.9.10-rc1) released

 ❦ 26 juin 2014 11:26 -0500, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> :

GNU linker will try to resolve dependencies recursively but more modern
linkers like the Gold linker doesn't. GNU linker may be told not to do
that with -Wl,--no-add-needed. Reading the documentation, I see that
--no-add-needed is now --no-copy-dt-needed-entries and I am a bit lazy
to understand the explanation. Also read the --as-needed option:
 https://sourceware.org/binutils/docs/ld/Options.html

Some distribution enforce those flags.

Yeah, I forgot about gold.  I guess this is why pkgconfig is great,
since then you don't have to do a crapload of guesswork yourself (or in
the m4).  So, I suppose we add the readline m4 thing, but unfortunately
we need to hack it up ourselves, because it doesn't define READLINE_LIBS
even though it did all the work to find them...

I am using this version:

 https://github.com/vincentbernat/lldpd/blob/master/m4/ax_lib_readline.m4

Which is almost like the original except that I use READLINE_LIBS (which
is a copy of $ax_cv_lib_readline only if readline is detected) and I
check for more symbols to detect a non-broken libreadline (this works
with libedit too).

But yes, it would be far more convenient if libreadline would use
pkg-config. Dunno why they don't.
--
panic("Foooooooood fight!");
        2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/aha1542.c