Re: ANN: NetworkManager 0.9.9.98 (0.9.10-rc1) released

 ❦ 25 juin 2014 21:36 -0500, Robby Workman <robby rlworkman net> :

Okay, looks like that's ncurses, so let's link ncurses too:

  [rworkman liberty NetworkManager-0.9.9.98]$ gcc -o testrl -lreadline -lncurses testrl.c
  [rworkman liberty NetworkManager-0.9.9.98]$ strings testrl | grep readline
  libreadline.so.6
  readline
  readline

Now, here's where I'm unclear.  If I add LDFLAGS="-lnurses" to the configure
environment, the test passes and the complete build occurs successfully.
What's unclear is *why* that's needed -- is this an omission in the NM
sources (isn't nmtui a curses client and thus ncurses should be linked?)
or is something different about how we (Slackware) build readline?

GNU readline requires linking to ncurses as well to get termcap
symbols. Here is an autoconf recipe for that:
 http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_lib_readline.html

On a related note, assuming ncurses *should* be linked in too, then
should we uses ncursesw instead of ncurses?

It doesn't matter as only termcap symbols are needed.
--
printk("MASQUERADE: No route: Rusty's brain broke!\n");
        2.4.3. linux/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_MASQUERADE.c