Re: HP hp3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module Modem is not shown up

Harald Jung <jung ecos de> writes:

Hi,

we were in touch with a HP notebook which is shipped with a broadband
device.
The device should be a "HP hp3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module Modem"
which isn't visible on the usb bus nor the pci bus.
Booted up with windows the device is visible and working.
Have you ever heard about a problem like this?

Yup.  Exact details are a bit fuzzy in my memory, but I believe this is
a BIOS (or whatwever the current "PC firmware" buzzword is) problem.
The modem is problably disabled by the PC firmware rfkill ("flight
mode") implementaion.  This means that you need a platform specific
driver to enable it. It is not a modem driver problem but a *laptop*
driver problem.

You should looking at the loaded platform rfkill driver(s).  Is this
'hp-wmi'? Does 'rfkill list' show anything useful?  Are there physical
switches you can toggle?

Bjørn