Re: ANN: NetworkManager 0.9.9.95 (0.9.10-beta1) released

Hi,

Am 07.06.2014 02:20, schrieb Dan Williams:
I'm pleased to announce the release of NetworkManager 0.9.9.95
(0.9.10-beta1) and the same version of nm-applet and
nm-connection-editor.  This release contains many, many enhancements and
bug fixes, most notably much better cooperation with external changes
and tools, better configurability, and better IPv6 support over 0.9.9.1
and earlier versions.  0.9.10 is packed with so much awesome that I
can't list it all here, so just check out the updated NEWS file:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/plain/NEWS
https://git.gnome.org/browse/network-manager-applet/plain/NEWS

This reads like an impressive update, indeed (might be worth mentioning
that nm-tool was dropped,fwiw)

Looking through the changes in configure.ac, I notice that libteam is a
new (optional) dependency.
Which of the new functionality depends on libteam?

I also noticed that you implemented pre-up and pre-down in the
dispatcher and that there are now dedicated directories in
/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/pre-down.d
/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/pre-up.d

That seems a bit inconsistent with how currently dispatcher scripts are
handled, i.e. the "phase" is passed as $2 to scripts in
/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/
Is there any reason why you didn't just extend the existing up/vpn-up,
down/vpn-down?

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?