Re: dhcpv6-problem

On Sun, 2014-07-06 at 20:22 +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
BTW, I just noticed: Linux uses the relately new UUID DUID type.  Try to
change to the more common LLT DUID type, like Windows uses, and see if
that helps. Lots of DHCPv6 implementations look into the DUID to get mac
addresses and may very well barf on both DUID-UUID and DUID-EN.  They
just don't care about the specs.

You're probably right.  For NM + dhclient, if there is no user-specified
DUID in the configuration files, NM will generate a DUID-UUID (RFC 6355)
for privacy reasons.  To test whether this is indeed the issue, you can
put the following line:

default-duid "\000\001\000\001\023=V0\000#T\304\314\203";

(this is the dhclient escaped for of the DUID that I got from
zte823dhcpv6roblem2.cap for the successful run)

into any one of these files:

        SYSCONFDIR "/dhclient6.leases",
        LOCALSTATEDIR "/lib/dhcp/dhclient6.leases",
        LOCALSTATEDIR "/lib/dhclient/dhclient6.leases",

and make sure to remove the "default-duid" line from any other lease
files in /var/lib/NetworkManager or /var/lib/dhclient.  If it fails, try
a wireshark capture and let's make sure that NM is sending a DUID that
looks exactly like the ones Windows sends.

Let us know how that goes!