Re: NetworkManager creating IPv6 routes on the fly?

On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 11:05 +0100, Bjørn Mork wrote:
Pavel Simerda <psimerda redhat com> writes:

Those are device routes created to mimic the kernel-installed routes
but with a proper metric to prioritize the selected interface. It is a
hack in 0.9.8 (and prior) to get over kernel's crazy autoconfiguration
feature.

Trying to work around kernel features you don't like is guaranteed to
cause you and your users a lot of pain.  This isn't supposed to be a war
between kernel and userspace.

We've actually been doing that, for example with the IPv6 tempaddr
changes that recently went upstream.  We intend to keep doing that going
forward too.  It's just that 0.9.8 was the point where we started doing
that.

That said, we haven't yet figured out how to solve the metric thing that
Pavel is talking about here.