Re: IPv6 and IP in parallel

On Fri, 2014-08-22 at 16:37 +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
Hi folks,

I am running IP and IPv6 in parallel on a test network.

Sorry, I don't really understand what you are doing (and why it doesn't
work). In general, you can of course use IPv4 and IPv6 together in
NetworkManager.

Configure a "connection" in NetworkManager. Either configure the text
configuration files be hand, or (preferably), use one of the NM clients
(nmcli, nmtui, nm-applet, plasma-nm, gnome-control-center).

There configure the ipv4 and ipv6 sections accordingly (especially the
"method" properties).

Verify the connection configuration (for example using `nmcli connection
show CONNECTIONID`).

Next step is to go back to n-m: Now the IP network is setup,
too. (I would guess its because of the leases file.)

That might be, because when you start NM with your interfaces already
configured externally, it tries to take over that configuration
seamlessly.

Thomas