Re: Automatic connect.

On Mon, 2014-08-04 at 13:35 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
NetworkManager will only connect to wifi networks which the user (or
some client) has told NetworkManager to previously connect to, as a
security measure.  However, if you'd like get this behavior, you can
write a small client that watches the scan list advertised by NM and
then creates a temporary connection for any unprotected network.  I'm
happy to explain more on this if you'd like.

Of course, just because a network is "unprotected", doesn't mean it's
usable. Most unsecured APs I see these days are the kind where you need
to enter a password (or accept terms and conditions, etc) through a web
page, and there's not a lot of value in auto-connecting to such a
network.

Simon.