Re: NetworkManager restart

thanks dan!
 if i can reproduce the error, then ill post some details and we can talk about it.

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, 2014-04-25 at 09:59 -0500, Jay Vyas wrote:
> Hi NM folks:
>
> I had to hack around network manager this morning and wrote a post about it how I restarted it and network services to get my network online again. any thoughts /comments ? http://jayunit100.blogspot.com/2014/04/fixing-networkmanager-in-long-standing.html?m=1

NetworkManager should be able to work for most things, and with NM 0.9.9
(Fedora 21 and RHEL7 and later, and other distros like Arch or Gentoo)
and later we're at the point where NM_CONTROLLED=no is mostly useless.

The blog post is a bit light on details so it's not clear what's going
on.  Basically, what you describe in the blog post should not be
necessary, and I'd like to debug that with you if you're willing.

Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com